1. IntroductionThis website (www.virtualaccountant.ie) is owned and operated by Hook Head Software ("we", “our” and "us").);
We at Hook Head Software respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. The purpose of this website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal/financial data you provide to us while visiting this website. Naturally, if you are not happy with the content of this Privacy Statement you should not use this website.
By visiting the virtualaccountant.ie website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any external links to other website are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other website.
2. Types of Information CollectedWe retain three types of information:
Non-Personal DataLike most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our web site. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Personal DataThis is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Financial DataThis is the financial data that you enter in to the system. We do not access your financial data, except to make regular backups. Our technical admininistrator can in principle view individual transactions, but this is not something which is done as a matter of course. If we need to look at your data, we will do so only with your permission. We will only need to do this as a consequence of a technical support query made by you.
3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
Non-Personal DataWe use the non-personal data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
Personal DataWe will process any personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered or requested;
- to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
Financial DataWe do not use the financial data entered in to the system in any way.
CookiesThis website does not use "cookie" technology.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third PartiesWe may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
We will not disclose your financial data to third parties with the exception of your accountant should you decide to give your accountant access to your financial data. We will disclose your financial data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.